Thursday, March 18, 2010

So I haven't been blogging for 2 reasons. #1 my computer is beyond slow by the time it opens up the page I have forgotten what is was I was doing and #2 I haven't lost any weight I'm staying at 203-202 lbs and I'm frustrated. I really haven't been strict about eating but I do get exercise but not every day. I watched a lot of Dr. Oz this week and learned several things. #1 I need to eat more calories on the days I am strict on a diet. I haven't been eating enough calories and so my body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the fat. It's such a hard concept for me. I've heard Jillian say it over and over on the biggest loser, but it is so hard to think about eating more and losing more weight. I guess I should be logging my food so I know exactly what I am eating. I will do that tomorrow. The other thing I learned is about 3 spices that speed up your metabolism by 20% for 3 hours. They are Ginger, cayenne pepper and mustard. So I bought some frozen salmon. I will do a ginger and mustard glaze and have that with brown rice tonight for dinner. And no more sugar. I've given myself too much leeway with the sugar. I've only restricted myself from chocolate so I've gone overboard with the sugar telling myself at least it's not chocolate...
Also I just heard from my mother in law about Chia Seeds. They are high in omega 3s and help you control your appetite and sustains your blood sugar level. I just bought some from the bin at Whole foods. I think I will throw it in my smoothie tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment