Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pancakes

I'm not quite as hungry today but I'm still craving sugar and bread. So when i crave something sweet I eat a apple and peanut butter it's satisfying. Troy made some terrible oatmeal pancakes today. I don't know how he choked them down. I found a good recipe for some that are actually pretty tasty

1 cup uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
6 egg whites
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 tea vanilla
1/4 tea cinnamon
1.5 tbs honey

(serves 2)

Combine in a blender and cook. Serve with fresh fruit and sugar free syrup. The pancakes by themselves with out syrup and fruit have:

Calories (per serving) 394
Protein: 31
Carbs 53
fat 6gr

It is really satisfying and you feel like you are eating bread. I'm only down a pound I'm hoping it's because I'm bloated...I've been having sugar withdrawl headaches but they haven't turned into migraines. Overall I feel healthier, semi-hungry and proud that I have been so good for the worst 2 days on the diet. It can only get easier right?!?!?
p.s. I went for a walk tonight it was 3.7 miles

1 comment:

  1. If I need sugar, I really crave Chocolate, so far what has helped me is to take a tablespoon of sugar free Hershey syrup and dip a banana in it. That totally quenches my craving! Not sure if it is the best thing to eat, but it satisfies me.

    ReplyDelete