Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lettuce Wraps

I'm soooo excited I'm down 4lbs! For the first time I wasn't starving this morning. I was satisfied with my apple (without peanut butter) I made eggs with mushrooms, garlic and bellpeppers. I normally do 3 egg whites with 1 whole egg but today I did 2 1/2 eggs because we didn't have enough for the whole family to eat if I only used the whites. On tonights menu for dinner is Lettuce Wraps. They are delicious and I would eat them even if I wasn't on a diet

4 shitake mushrooms (which can be hard to find so I sometimes use the dried ones found in the asian isle at the grocery store)
7 stalks napa cabbage (chopped)
1lb ground turkey
1/2 chopped onion
3 tbs hoisin sauce
2 tbs lite soy sauce
1/4 tea five-spice powder
1 (8oz) can sliced water chestnuts
12 large iceberg lettuce leaves

brown turkey meat and remove from pan. In the same pan spray some pam and throw in onion and chopped cabbage. Stir fry until tender. Add all your sauces and five-spce powder, mushrooms and water chestnuts and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add turkey meat and serve in the iceberg lettuce leaf

Serves 4 Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 268
Protein:29.4
Carbs:17.3
Fat 8.8 gr

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I just made this super yummy recipe, thought you might want to try it.

    Ronzoni Healthy Harvest WHole Grain Wide Noodles (yolk free, 1 gm fat, 6 grm fiber, 8 grm protein) cooked and rinsed in cool water before adding the next ingredients

    fresh spinach tear into bite sized pieces
    roma tomatoes chopped
    olives sliced

    mix all together with pasta and with fat free italian dressing, let set for 2 hrs in fridge

    top with Feta cheese and serve might taste good with pine nuts too, I just don't have any

    Even the kiddos liked it! The pasta was on sale at Walmart for 1.50$ for a big bag.

    ReplyDelete