Friday, April 16, 2010

Oatmeal

I'm 203 today!!! I feel like I'm back on track. I've been working out everyday. Yesterday I didn't eat great I had some sugar but I kept my calories intake in check and I made sure I went to the gym and walked 3 miles at night with my sister and my skinny niece who apparently thought we were in a race last night because she made us walk/run the whole way. I started making oatmeal for breakfast and it's a little scary to choke down. Have you seen the movie Better off Dead? You know the moms cooking when she slaps that goo down on the plate and it slithers off the plate and onto the floor....that's my oatmeal. I use steel cut oats because I like the texture and taste better than rolled oats. Then I add 1 tbs Psyllium (this is a super fiber that acts like a laxative!!!) and I add 1 tbs chia seeds (these help you to maintain blood sugar level and helps you not be hungry they also add the gelatin like quality to your oatmeal which makes it scary!) cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Then I add blueberries and sometimes Agave to sweeten it up

p.s. I went back through and changed all the titles to my blogs according to the recipe in them so it will be easier to find recipes you want to try

No comments:

Post a Comment