Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sloppy Joes

First of all I need some new recipes. Send me your favorite recipes. Even if they aren't healthy I'll try to recreate a healthier version. Send your recipes to surfrchick22@yahoo.com (don't ask about the the email I was recently single when I turned 21-22 and I took up surfing and different things!)

So after I wrote the last post I made it about a day and a half on that diet and I binged like crazy. I had easter candy everywhere and i kept eating it and then I would have to replace it. I'm so glad easter is over. I haven't been blogging because I was emabarassed about how much weight I gained I got up to 210. So I started exercising and yesterday I cut out sugar completely. It was rough. I had the worst migraine from the sugar withdrawls and I'm already starting with a headache today but I weighed 205 today. The stupid thing about me is that if I eat crappy I can't go workout because I feel like I blew it why workout. Which is the WORST thing I could do. Working out and feeling my muscles ache the next day makes me feel better about myself and I eat better. I keep seeing people post on facebook that they are making sloppy joes for dinner so now I'm craving them. Here's a healthy version:

1 lb ground turkey
1/4 tea black pepper
1/2 onion chopped
1 8oz can no salt added tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bbq sauce ( i like sweet baby rays thank you Stephanie!)
1 tea chili powder
dash of tabasco

cook turkey with onion and black pepper until no longer pink. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until thickened about 10 min. Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce


No comments:

Post a Comment