Friday, January 8, 2010

Chili

I think I'm actually going to make it this time. I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped dieting. Probably like every other monday. Right after I had Cy I lost 50lbs and I put 20lb back on. It feels so different this time around. I've had 2 emotional and horrible days and I didn't run to food (mostly chocolate). I kept to my diet which I've never done. When ever I feel anything bored,angry you name it I say one piece wont hurt. One piece turns into 3 or 10 and I feel like a failure and I quit rather than trying again the next day. Last night I was with a group who were eating donuts infront of me and drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream. I wasn't even tempted. This morning my sweet friend brought me over starbucks hot choc. and flowers. I pretended to drink while we sat and talked and let my 3 yr old drink it. I'm doing so good!

p.s. I'm holding at the same weight this morning. Here's that chili recipe

1lb ground meat ( i only like turkey)
1 onion chopped
8 garlic cloves minced
1 bell pepper
1/4 cup Cilantro
1 jalapeno
1/3 cup red chili powder
1 1/2 tea cumin
2 cans beef broth
1 can tomatos ( i use stewed)
1 can pinto beans
1 can black or kidney beans

Brown meat, onion, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, and jalapeno. Cook about 8 min. Add chili powder and cumin. I actually dump everything else in at this point. Top with low-fat cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment