Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fruit Dip

So my mom had our family over for New Years day dinner yesterday. I made lemon bars and yes I ate 2... And did I mention she made ribs and potato salad and homemade rolls? But according to body for life you should have a free day once a week to keep your body tricked to the amount of calories it expects and its good for the mind to be able to stick with a diet knowing you can eat what you want on one day. When I did body for life however on my free day I would go crazy and then have a hard time getting back on the diet the next day. So now i do one free meal a week with a dessert. The scale hasn't changed after my meal I am still down the 4lbs! But today I'm having a hard time looking at those lemon bars. I have them at my house because they are going to a "secret sister" (like a secret santa) I need to drive them over before I give in. So since I am craving something sweet I will be making a fruit dip. It's delicious!

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 tsp orange peel
1/4 tea vanilla

blend in a blender until smooth. You'll love it. I promise! Dip whatever kind of fruit you have

Nutrition facts

Calories 217
Protein 17.9
Carbs 25.6
Fat 4.3

1 comment:

  1. I had my free day on sunday too, except I cheated only with the most delicious homemade from scratch brownies.....even jared agreed they were my best ever, way better than boxed. Today went well, I made a smoothie for the kids for lunch with spinach in it, you can't even taste it, sooo good!

    ReplyDelete