Friday, January 29, 2010

Smoothie

So yesterday I met some friends at Carls Jr so our kids could play on the play structure. I ate their apple and cranberry salad but instead of salad dressing I brought a lemon and squeezed that on it. The salad was so good and I saved myself 300 extra calories and 24 g of fat. For breakfast today I made a delicious smoothie for me and the kids

3/4 c cottage cheese (for protein)
1 banana
1 fresh orange
7 frozen strawberries
2 tbs ground flax seed

My kids won't eat fruit. They are crazy and love artichokes, brussel sprouts, broccoli but forget the good stuff like strawberries so I found a way to sneak it into their diet and they loved it.

P.S. here's something I find amusing. Whenever I lose weight I always have people tell me how much they love my hair cut or color. Which at the moment is a dingy washed out red that needs to be re-done. They can't figure out that my face looks better because it's not so fat and they think it's the hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment