Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 14

I took the weekend off from blogging because it was so busy. I will say that saturday was a hard day and I was more tempted to eat sweets but I didn't give in. Sunday I ate a lemon bar for dessert. It was small and about half the size I would typically eat. Still I calculated the recipe and discovered that the small piece I did eat was still 200 calories! But it was my free meal day and I still was within 1200 calories. Today I'm down another pound. My official weigh-in day is wednesday but I've already lost the 3lbs I'm striving for a week. Plus it's week 2 and anybody who watches biggest loser knows week 2 is the worst week for losing weight. So I'm feeling good about myself.
Today I threw out my white flour and replaced it with whole wheat. The kids didn't notice their pancakes tasted different and they ate less than they normally eat. Dr. Oz said that in order to get white flour they remove all the nutrients out of it and bleach it. So all the good things that tell your brain you're full is gone. That's why you over eat with bread because your brain wants to keep eating because it's wanting the nutrients it needs....so today your goal is to throw out all your white flours and breads and replace them with good nutrient rich food

No comments:

Post a Comment