Saturday, January 23, 2010

Barcelona Chicken

So I ate pizza last night...we were at a friends house and I was hungry and it was there...but I did do an hour of zumba before and I didn't eat any birthday cake so that's good right?!?!?!? I told her about my blog and she gave me a recipe that she says is her favorite chicken recipe. I'm going to try it tonight for dinner it's called:

Barcelona Chicken

5 green onions
1 c fresh basil
3 large garlice cloves
1/2-1 tea red pepper flakes
1/4 c olive oil
2 tbs cider vinegar
1/2 tea black pepper

combine in a blender or food processor and then marinade 4 chicken breasts for 1 1/2 hours and grill. I bought some Quinoa from costco the other which is like a rice but better for you. My kids love it. So I think I will make some to go along with my chicken

p.s. I burned 900 calories today at the gym so I think I'm covered for my pizza yesterday...

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing this! I am going to try all the recipes! Good job today at the gym! 900 calories is CRAZY! Let's do it again! Stair climber intervals on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Jillian...actually I'm glad you are trying to kill me. I'll get better results! Andrea asked me if I wanted to do a half marathon with her or 5k on may 1st...umm apparently she doesn't know I can barely run a half mile let alone 3 or 13...but I think I want to try it. P.S. I could barely hold my arms up to the steering wheel to drive home yesterday. My fatty arms thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good. I'm going to try the recipie. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete