Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chicken Tostada

I'm down another pound!!! I made my pineapple smoothie but instead of ice cubes I added 6 frozen strawberries and someground flax seed. I have to say I am a little hungry today but I feel great not over eating. It's so empowering to take back your life and not let it be controlled by food. Dr. Oz talked about this lip licking and then breathing through your mouth and back out... I have to say I hate the way it makes my lips feel afterwards and come on how is that supposed to make me not hungry? Maybe it makes you annoyed at your lips so you forget for 5 sec about wanting to eat. So Troy wanted some enchiladas one day and I came up with this to satisfy him. They are really good. Everyone loves them and have been asking for the recipe.

In a crock pot combine

5-6 chicken breasts
a large can of green chile enchilada sauce (i think its 28oz)
chopped onion
3 tbs chopped cilantro

cook for about 4 hours and shred the breast meat and put back in the sauce it was cooked in. Bake corn tortillas in the oven for about 8-10 min at 400 degrees until brown and crunchy like a chip. Top tortillas with chicken mixture, avocado, tomato and the most important ingredient is lime squeezed on top. I haven't figured out the calorie info yet but its so healthy and you dont miss the cheese and sour cream

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your blog. This is the inspiration I need to get started with dropping my baby weight. I'm the same way with cloths right now. Nothing fits and I don't want to buy anything new because that means I won't be loosing the weight. I want to drop 20lbs by June so I will totally do this along with you. I can't wait to try some of these recipies. Also I have a really easy and great tasting wheat pancake recipie if you want it. Also you should try Bob's Red Mill hot cereals. They are healthy and very filling. I like the steel cut oats and I add cinnamon, almonds and raisins. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete