Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Indian Chicken

So I took the weekend off because my girls were gone playing with my husbands sister. So I had a long weekend of cheat nights. But I only allowed myself 1 cheat meal a day. Saturday we went to big spoon and I had the no sugar added yogurt which is about 80 cal per 1/2 cup. I added fresh strawberries and blackberries and chopped almonds. It was so satisfying and I didn't miss all the candy and crap I used to put on it. They have a binder under the counter of the nutritional value for all their yogurts. Make sure you ask to see it. I decided sunday is my dessert day. I don't know what my obsession is with lemon bars (probably because I have a thousand on my tree) I had like 4...

Any way my weight today is 207 exactly

Last night we had a Indian inspired dinner and it was pretty good. Troy loved it so much he had me season a bunch of chicken this way and cook it. So he can have chicken to go on his salads.

1 c water
2/3 c bulgar wheat
1 lemon
1 cup chopped cilantro
4 green onions
1 roma tomato
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 tea salt
pepper to taste

bring water to boil and remove from heat. Add bulgar wheat and cover. Let stand for 20 min. Add the juice and 1 lemon and the rest of the ingredients and put in the fridge while you cook your chicken

Seansoning for chicken:

1 tbs smoked paprika
1tbs cumin
1 tea coriander
1/3 tea oregano
1/2 tea cayenne pepper

mix together and coat 4 chicken breasts. You might want to brush 1 tbs olive oil on the breasts to help the seasoning stick. Chicken breasts about 7 minutes per side

1 comment:

  1. okay, so I took 5 days off, ugh, but I only gained 2 lbs back. I've got to get back into gear. I made an apple cake yesterday with Whole wheat flour, and more apples in place of some of the butter. I guess that is better than nothing, and it was super yummy! I added more spices into it, so it was really flavorful and we all ate less. So I guess it was a half cheat.

    ReplyDelete